Sunday, November 16, 2008

Painting with Heart




I gave up a career in architecture to take care of my daughter and to pursue a goal of applying to graduate school for a Masters in Fine Art. John Lennon was right by saying life happens while you are making plans, as our life is nothing like we could have ever imagined having given birth to my first child with a Congenital Heart Defect.

So I need a coherent body of work to present for my portfolio… yes, with three it will take many years, but by that time they will be old enough that I might even apply. Right now I’m just using it as my motivator, a goal even if in the very distant future to reach. Stick with me and I’ll share my walk with you. Art has always been in my heart, and my kids shape a big part of that.

Yesterday was a good workday, Michael, my husband took the girls, Michaela and Marley, to the park for a couple of hours. I stayed home with Baby Merril and she is a piece of cake to keep happy.
Today I am working on the section pictured here. It represents a heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment