Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nuk


Marley is my little athlete. (Here she is pictured with baby sister Merril) This two year old is so physically active that as soon as she turns three years old, I’m placing her in a little soccer league. She sure needs to burn the extra energy. Right now I am struggling with taking her pacifier away. I think her frontal teeth have rotated slightly because of it, and she bites the nukies through at times! This can also pose a chocking hazard. It is a struggle, for what mother doesn’t just want the crying to stop? How easy it is to just hand her the nuki and have her instantly calm down. So I went and bought her the last pair of pacifiers on Friday. I gave them to her and said these were her last, that if she bites them, they break, “biting makes holes”. She looked at me with this surprised look and exclaimed “oh-oh”.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I came across you on Twitter this morning. I just wanted to leave a comment here and let you know that I will be praying for your daughter (and you).

    We have a lot in common. Art and motherhood and CHD.

    My oldest son was born with HRHS-transposed arteries and no tricuspid valve, among others. He died after surgery at 2 months old from sepsis.

    My youngest son was also born with a form of HRHS. Transposed arteries, inverted ventricles and valves, pulmonary stenosis, among others. He is 3 1/2 and doing well.

    I love your paintings. I don't get to paint much right now (5 kids), but someday I will!

    Lisa @
    All That and a Box of Rocks

    ReplyDelete